General IT statistics 2012
- On average in one year, we will share 415 pieces of content on Facebook, we’ll spend an average of about 23 minutes a day on Twitter, tweeting a total of around 15,795 tweets, we’ll check in 563 times on Foursquare, upload 196 hours of video on YouTube, and send countless emails
- Social networking is still the fastest-growing active social media behaviour online, increasing from 36% of global Internet users to 59% managing their profile on a monthly basis by the end of 2011
- This is followed by updating a microblog (e.g. Twitter), which increased from 13% to 24%, and uploading video which increased from 21% to 27%. Monthly ‘forum’ contribution declined significantly from 38% to 32%, while blog-writing stagnated at 27%.
- There are now over 2.8 billion social media profiles, representing around half of all internet users worldwide.
- There are 70 million WordPress blogs worldwide
- There are 39 million Tumblr blogs worldwide